Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Precious Faith

 Peter begins his second letter this way: "Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord." (2 Peter 1:1-2).

It occurred to me that Peter literally is writing this to me. It's like one of those letters a Grandpa writes to his newborn grandson, intending him to read it as an adult. Peter addresses his letter to the people who have been granted that precious faith in Jesus that only God can give. That's me.

Peter didn't know it would be me, so this isn't a personal letter. But Peter knew that his letter would be read by a lot of Christians he didn't know and would never meet. He didn't know his letter would become part of our Bible, but he did know it would be passed around.

So, today, I'm going to take Peter's opening blessing as my own. I will live today at peace, feeling God's grace and showing it to others, because I know that God loves me and that Jesus lives.

It's your blessing too. Don't waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment