Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Greater

“My Dad can beat up your Dad!” I never actually said that, nor did any other kid say it to me, but everyone recognizes the phrase. Supposedly that’s what kids say on the playground. It’s what I think when I read 1 John 4:4: "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

The “them” that we’ve overcome are those false spirits, the ones we talked about yesterday that don’t acknowledge Jesus. To those, and all the people out there spouting that nonsense, I can say, “Hey, my Father in Heaven owns your father in Hell.”

Satan is powerful compared to us, but compared to God he’s just another angel, one that He already beat up twice: Once when He cast Satan out of Heaven, and once when Jesus defeated death on the cross. 

All those false spirits and false prophets, those people telling me there’s a better way than Jesus, those talking heads and bloggers and liberal thinkers mocking me for my faith, all of them are backing the wannabe. The true Lord of this universe is far greater than anything in this world, Satan included.

No comments:

Post a Comment