Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Love Indeed

It boggles my mind, what Jesus did. What God did in sending Jesus. 

1 John 4:9-10 "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

I’m a Jesus follower, one of His own, and I know how I treat God sometimes. The best I can say a lot of days is I pretty much blew him off; the day got busy and so did I and at the end of it I barely gave God a thought. If I treated Dawn that way she wouldn’t tolerate it for very long.

But what about all the people who scoff and mock, or worse, attack God. The ones who post those “Where is your God now” memes on the Internet? The ones who call belief in God a superstition? The ones who live lives of open, blatant debauchery with no sign of shame?

For all of us, God sent Jesus. Every one of His image-bearers is dear to Him, no matter how odious they are to me. I’m no one to judge. Someone once said if Adolf Hitler marked one extreme and Jesus the other and the rest of us were rated on that scale, all of humanity would be crowded at Hitler’s end. Even Mother Teresa would be 1% removed from Hitler and 99% of the scale away from Jesus.

There isn’t a human being who ever lived who was worth what God did for us. Certainly not me. This is love, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment