Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Friday, November 27, 2015

sunny skies

This is a good day.

My family is around me, and I don't have to go to work. I've had a lot of food and fellowship already, with more to come. I don't have any financial or health worries, for myself or any of my loved ones. And I'm happy and fulfilled by the place God has assigned me in this world.

So today, my heart agrees with every single word of the first 7 verses of Psalm 95:

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care."

The God who made the world and holds it in his hand is my God. He cares for me. He who controls the storm has for the moment chosen to give me sunny skies.

Let us, indeed, sing for joy to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment