Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Friday, December 11, 2015

happy dance

I used to sing to my kids, a lot. I'd sing to them at bedtime, of course, trying to lull them to sleep. But we sang a lot at other times too, and the kids seemed to love it.

Now I'm a grandpa. There's this thing I used to do with the boys, until they outgrew it: I'd sing, "Jacen, Jacen, Jacen, let's do the little Jacen dance." And we'd both dance while I sang it. The boys loved this little celebration of themselves; Kaly never really got it.

I thought of the Jacen and Archer dances when I read the Advent promise in Zephaniah 3:15-17:

"The Lord has taken away your punishment,
he has turned back your enemy.
The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you;
never again will you fear any harm.
"On that day
they will say to Jerusalem,
"Do not fear, Zion;
do not let your hands hang limp.
The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing."

That's the thing I wait for during Advent: God does what has to be done to fix our relationship. And then he's so happy that he sings.

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment