Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Monday, December 14, 2015

shouting the victory

I don't think my parents put a lot of thought into my name; we really don't in our culture. But my name, Gregory, means Watchful One or Watchman. I sometimes think that one of my roles is to watch, and to report what I see. In small ways, like with this blog.

So there's a nice little bit of synergy today between that little conceit and what I wrote last time about God singing over us. Look at what it says in Isaiah 52:8-9:

"Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices;
together they shout for joy.
When the Lord returns to Zion,
they will see it with their own eyes.
Burst into songs of joy together,
you ruins of Jerusalem,
for the Lord has comforted his people,
he has redeemed Jerusalem."

As a watcher for Jesus, as an observer of what he's doing in the world, I'm in a great position to see that we're winning this fight - any thoughtful person who reads and prays can see it. It doesn't matter what candidates say or ISIS does or how the world looks at me.

A long time ago the decisive battle was won. Now we're just in the process of recovering our wounded.

So this is my joyous shout, my song of celebration, proclaiming from my place on the wall what I see: Hallelujah! The Baby King Jesus lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment