Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

patience and trust

David’s faithfulness and trust in God, especially during the years he was hunted by Saul, are to me a wonderful model of discipleship. This morning, I’m struck by David’s response to the death of Saul. He mourned, which is a little surprising. But then he waited.

1 Samuel 2:1: “In the course of time, David inquired of the Lord. ‘Shall I go up to one of the towns of Judah?’ he asked.
“The Lord said, ‘Go up.’
“David asked, ‘Where shall I go?’
“‘To Hebron,’ the Lord answered.”

David had already been anointed as king, and told he would succeed Saul. Now is his time; his hard days are over, and he can go home. Not only that, he’s the king!

Yet David waits, and goes only when God tells him it’s time. Imagine the patience and trust that took!

My prayer today is that I can have patience and trust like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment