Reflections on God's travel guide to my journey back home.

Monday, September 11, 2017

beautiful feet


I think I have ugly feet. 

For one thing, they’re long and narrow, so they look big even though they’re actually not. Then I have these long skinny toes that never really relax, and they have ugly peeling caluses on the ends from all the running I do. My heels also have dry scaly places. 

But I think sometimes I might have Biblically beautiful feet. Isaiah 52:7-8 says: 
“How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
‘Your God reigns!’”

I guess it doesn’t really matter what my feet actually look like, if I use them to bring God’s word then people will be glad to hear them on the floor and see them climb the pulpit steps

It’s a good reminder that worldly standards of beauty have little to do with what God thinks is beautiful. God loves to see obedience, and love, and service. Hands and feet that do those things, especially giving the glory to God, will always please him.

No comments:

Post a Comment